Thursday, May 20, 2010

J.Phlip @ Electric Tea Garden this Saturday w/Shameless!



On Saturday May 22nd, Seattle is in for one more Dirtybird treat! J Phlip!!

She'll be returning to Seattle one last time before she flies off to Berlin for awhile (and so the story goes...the West Coast loses another one of our finest to the clutches of Germany!). For those of you that caught her at the Decibel boat party, My Bloody Valentine is Shameless or the afterhours, you know she's the real deal and delivers some of most fun tech house booty shakin' business out there! Claude VonStroke wrote a note and says it best...

(Letter from Claude VonStroke)
“It is not that often that i get to hear someone play who i think is amazing. It is even more rare for me to hear a person that understands what the real “dirtybird” sound is all about. Jessica (J Phlip) is one of those rare gifted DJs who I love to listen to. I can fully attest to her skills on the decks as I have travelled on tour with her from the UK to Spain to Germany and beyond. I promise she can hold her own with anyone I have ever heard play on any stage. If you are thinking about booking someone fresh from dirtybird I really think this is the DJ who can deliver the goods as they were meant to be delivered. Straight from San Francisco with dirty basslines, bootylicious funk, and cute as hell - J. Phlip is the total package. She is moving to Europe for the summer, so this is a chance to hear someone really cool from the original San Francisco dirtybird crew who doesn’t sound like everyone else.”
– Claude VonStroke

We had a chance to catch up with J.Phlip this week about her upcoming European visit - here's what she had to say:

"Well I'm planting my home base... or maybe we should call it "HOME BASSSS!!!!" lol ... in Berlin from June to October. This is going to allow me to infiltrate the European market with some J.Phlip and all things Dirtybird! Although I wont be touring quite as much as I do over here, the gigs that I do have are mostly all "staple" parties and clubs in Europe. So the gigs should be dope and that will also leave me wayyyyy more time to write music... more originals and remixes!"

If you're planning to be in Europe this summer and/or want to keep tabs on what J.Phlip is up to during her European adventure, visit her MySpace often. Expect to see her perform at Watergate in Berlin and Fabric in London! Also, she adds that "the Red Bull Music Academy has a sick studio space in London and they have invited me and Worthy to spend a few days playing around on their gear and making some tunes there" Lucky!

Here's a new bangin' original track from J.Phlip!

Here's a preview of the type of tracks J.Phlip brings to the decks:
J.Phlip - TICK TICK BOOM mix


Come join Shameless this Saturday as we party and bid farewell to J.Phlip!



Lots of love and support from the Shameless crew...

Recess
Menami
Levi Clark
Adlib

Saturday May 22nd: 9pm-late
21+
Electric Tea Garden

No comments: